LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Monday, May 23, 2005

did you follow that?


Well, chalk up another full weekend in the books.

Friday night I spent the evening working in the yard. I had to get the mower and trimmer all cleaned and tuned up for the season. Then I attacked the lawn... it took me a while because the grass had grown tall and thick with all the rain. The lawn mower had quite the time cutting through some spots.

Saturday morning I packed up my tool belt with all of my roofing stuff and headed off to Two Harbors, MN to help some friends roof their house. They had plenty of help there, and a few guys who knew what they were doing, so I let them take the lead up on the roof. This left me on the ground cleaning up scraps of old shingles, cedar shakes, and tar paper. I also got the job of carrying the ridiculously heavy bundles of new singles up the 2 story ladder to the roof... ugh!

Saturday evening was the first meeting of our new F.I.R.E. group. That went really well. We were able to establish the vision for the group, and spend some time in prayer. We received some awesome confirmation that we are on the right track.

Sunday, we started out with church in the morning, then it was off to the store to get some food for a baby shower later that day. I dropped my wife and kids back at the church after lunch to prepare for said baby shower. I went to softball practice for an hour and 1/2, and then went back to pick-up the kids.

Then it was off to my mothers house to mow her lawn (which required a tune up and minor repair to her mower). I had to move my sister Sarah's car while I was there to get at the mower. If I would have had my digi cam with me I would have taken a picture for her to reminder her of her cute little car, but instead I have this...


(Please note that this is not a photo of the actual orange in question... just a representation for visual effect.)

This is a picture of an orange because she left a very large orange in her car... which I removed... you're welcome Sarah!

So, then I went back to the church to retrieve my wife and then went home to spend a quiet... uneventful evening.

So now you know...