LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Monday, May 16, 2005

Friday was a busy day...


Friday seemed link a very busy day in the blogosphere. I noticed that a lot of the blogs I normally read/watch were FULL of new stuff. Like 3-4 posts each day. It makes me wonder if I missed out on some sort of big blogging event or something.

I had a very interesting weekend, and am findiing it difficult to put it into words exactly. I would say that I spent a lot of time being very introspective. I think because I am reading this book. I would recommend it, but I am still working through it. So, you will have to wait for my final opinion...

In other news, I was installed as an elder at my local church this weekend. (I don't really like the word "installed"... makes me feel like a light fixture or something...) I don't feel that much different, but I guess I have been functioning as an elder there for a few months anyway. So, here I am, called to serve a group of beautiful people in northern Minnesota. It feels good. It feels fresh. Now I think my biggest challenge is to convey that to the people that I have been ministering with for the last 10 years or so. It is a new day for me, can I encourage them in that too?

It seems to me that everyone wants to be a "church planter" today. (Don't get me wrong, I know there are many legitimate church plants taking place right now.) But it also seems to be the cool Christian thing to do at the moment. Like it is the new form of "church hopping".

(You know, the practice of going to a church until they speak or teach something that makes you a little uncomfortable or a relationship becomes diffucult, and then moving on until you find a new place that makes you feel good... until they make you feel uncomfortable... and the cycle goes on...)

It's like all those church hoppers are getting tired of it, and have decided to go and make house churches where they make the rules, and they don't have to feel uncomfortable ever again.

I always come back to my relationship with Jesus. I know where he has called me, and I know that I am in the exact place where I am supposed to be. It feels great, and I am excited for what is to come.