LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Friday, April 29, 2005

2:56 AM...


So this is the weird world of fatherhood?

I am not usually awake at this hour, but I was told to "go boil some water". So here I am. What caused this strange request from my beautiful and understanding wife?

Either the fact that my youngest son Noah is having a coughing attack (and when I say attack I mean ATTACK) that has been carrying on for 45 minutes, or the fact that I am not being helpful with all my comments made in frustration. (probably the latter)

I am tired... I feel stupid and guilty for the things I have just done and said in frustration... I feel helpless when I son is hacking up a lung and struggling to breathe... and believe it or not times like these really do try the faith. God... please take this sickness from my son... Lord... please... let me take the sickness on myself... just let him breathe and sleep and rest... (how's that for brutal honesty)

So, the water is boiling. My son is calming a bit. I am going to go apologize to my wife and try to show her how much I really love her, then I am going to pray for my son, and then maybe eventually, try and get some rest.

Thank God the weekend is on the way!