LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Monday, July 12, 2004

Bush in my hometown...


Well, I will let my wife explain that last post. I guess her Grandma my have started an alternate definition of the word bikkies.

Anyway, time to move on with this blog into other topics I think.

President George W. Bush will be in my hometown of Duluth tomorrow. I think that is pretty exciting! It is not every day that you get to see the President of the United States in your city. Although, I think there was more excitement over the visit of Senator John Kerry a couple of weeks ago. This part of the U.S. happens to be a fairly liberal area demographically. The fact that we do have both Presidential candidates come through in the election year is pretty interesting though. It also makes for some interesting conversations around the water coolers as well.

I was just thinking that it is amazing how quickly 4 years has gone by since Bush was elected. My daughter (my oldest child) is turning 4 on Wednesday as well. Time is just flying by, and it is causing this desire in me to savor every moment.

I am realizing more these days... actually since my last birthday that I have a lot of things to accomplish in my remaining time here on earth. Things that I would like to see accomplished that I also believe God wants to see accomplished in me. We watched a video this evening of a sermon preached a couple of weeks ago by Pastor Bill Johnson of Bethel Church of Redding, CA. The message was about taking up and reclaiming "lost mantles" of the spiritual fore-fathers, and receiving the inheritance that has already been given to us.

I am still mulling it all over in my mind, but somehow it has inspired me to look at the last few years of my life and take stock of where my heart has been.

I am excited to see what God is going to do with this, because I can feel something happening within my heart. I believe a change is coming again! Oh boy!! ;)