LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Saturday, August 28, 2004

That time of year again...


It is getting to be that time of year again. We are coming to the end of August, and it seems like summer is coming to a close. (shhh!!! don't tell my wife I said that or she will get very depressed.)

In my part of the world, this is "back to school" season. We have pretty much exhausted our warm weather and the cool nights are creeping back in. I always love this time of year. To me it is the season of new beginnings, which is strange because I think most people see it the other way around. I just remember that feeling of going back to school with a new class, new teacher, new pencils, pens, and paper, and a new resolve to do things better or great this time!

It is also the time that I get out into the woods more than any other season of the year. I love to go hunting. Bird hunting season opens in mid September, and then deer hunting opens in November. Most of all I just love being out in the woods.

And of course, it is the beginning of football season. (American football that is...) Probably my favorite game to watch (Go Vikes!). I enjoy playing as well, but with the condition of my knee, I don't see it happening this year. We also start our fantasy football league next week.

We are finally finishing up the work on our new church building as well. So, we will have another new beginning there as we start using that tool for God's kingdom.

The next few months will be very exciting, and I am looking forward to what is in store!