LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Ow... that hurts!


It has been over a week since my last post?!?!?

What is going on?

I will skip ahead to the weekend, because not a whole lot happened last week. I will just say that my last post caught me in a bit of a bad mood. I worked through most of that just fine.

We were able to get out and have some fun and relaxation this weekend. Saturday I worked at the church for half the day, and that evening we went to the beach and had a picnic with some friends.

Sunday came along, and church was great. We had a good potluck after the service as well. Now I am not necessarily a fan of potluck, but our church seems to put them on pretty much once a month. I do enjoy the conversations over a meal with friends. It is funny how potluck will vary from time to time as far as the quality of the food goes. We have had some great ones, but then again, every once in a while, there is a really bad one. I think the last potluck we had was one of those bad ones. There was a whole lot of mushy hotdishes, and for some reason, they all pretty much tasted the same. So, this one was much better by comparison. There was good variety, and the ingredients were either better or fresher or both.

Later Sunday evening, we went to our friends' house to play volleyball. There were quite a few people there, and we had a blast!

I must say that I should have read the comments on this volleyball post before we started the third game. I enjoy volleyball, and though I am not a pro, I like to think that I can play. Put it this way, I can play pretty well with the people that I usually play with.

Well, we were pretty well into our third game. Our team was way ahead at that point. We were in the middle of a pretty good volley, when the ball happened to be set to the player playing opposite me at the net. I had in my mind to make a great block, so I jumped into the air. (of course, I missed the block...) I was just thinking to myself, "how did I miss that?" when I landed. Then I heard (and felt) a *pop!*... *snap!* emanating from my left knee, and actually felt my knee bend sideways. This is not something that is supposed to happen and trust me it feels very unnatural when it does.(it was downright PAINFUL!)

The first two thoughts through my head were "Ouch!", and "I hope I don't need surgery!" (in that order)...

So "knee-dless" to say (very puny!), that was the end of my volleyball for the night (and probably the rest of the summer...), but we did get 3 games in before hand and we got to stick around to roast marshmallows and have s'mores. So, all in all we had a great time!

I guess I am also learning to use crutches for the first time, too. Not that I really wanted to, but hey, you have to make the most of it, right?

Now I just wish I could heal a bit faster...