LifeThisWay -> -> (Shadow site to www.lifethisway.com)

Just a little blog about LifeThisWay... Hope you enjoy reading with us!

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

vision




While in prayer last week during our week of prayer and fasting, I believe God wanted to show me something. I had what I would call a vision similar to the image that I made above (except what I saw was in motion).

Water shooting up from a spring in the ground. Clear and clean... refreshing... bringing Life.

As I looked around, the ground was covered with dead, dry grass. Brown, brittle, no life in it.

I wondered out loud to the Lord, "Why is this grass so dry and brown when this Life giving spring pours water out continually?"

As I looked more closely at the ground, I noticed that the dirt was hard and compacted. The water would pour on to it and quickly run off as if falling on stone.

And the ground itself held tight to the dead grass. It could not be pulled out. It would just break off in your hand.

What God was trying to show me was the state of many hearts in the church (including my own). The ground is hard as stone clinging to old works (dead grass). God wants to break up that soil to be able to receive His Life again. With this will come new works, new Life, refreshing, and fruit of the Spirit.

God does not turn off the flow of His Life giving Spirit. It is all a matter of how willing we are to receive it.